How Worksuite complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act?
To help our customers meet their CCPA compliance obligations we offer several data management tools, including:
- Import and export. Businesses and organizations may access, import, and export their Customer Data using Worksuite’s application and on-demand report tools.
- Profile deletion tool. This tool helps customers respond to external user requests to delete personal information, such as names and email addresses, from their WorkSuite account.
- California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA): Metric Disclosure: In accordance with the CCPA requirements, we have metrics to provide transparency into the rights requests we receive and how we handled those requests.
How does Worksuite fulfill its obligations as a Processor or Service Provider under the CCPA?
Worksuite offers our customers a United States-specific Data Processing Addendum that supplements the Customer Terms of Service or any MSA.
This addendum incorporates the obligations and requirements set forth by the CCPA. Please visit the Data Subject Rights page for further information. If you have questions specific to the DPA please get in touch with our team at [email protected].
As a Service Provider, Worksuite also assists its customers in their compliance with the CCPA. The Worksuite team will assist customers with any deletion requests Customers may receive by deleting external users’ profile information upon the verified request of an Admin. For more information about how Slack assists with rights requests, see the section below or reach out to [email protected].
How do I exercise my consumer rights under the CCPA?
- Right to Know: Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect. To make such a request, please contact us at [email protected].
- Right to Deletion: Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to delete their personal information. The customer’s administrator of the Worksuite account can contact Worksuite and request to delete a member’s profile information. In addition, external users can request for their profiles to be deleted directly from their profile settings page. The customer’s administration team is responsible for determining whether profile information can be deleted. For more information about deleting a profile, please visit our Knowledge Center or contact us at [email protected]
- Request to opt out of sale of personal information: Worksuite does not sell personal information as such term is defined in the CCPA and will not sell personal information without providing a future right to opt-out of such a sale.